I love lists.
I do. I write lists constantly. It helps with my anxiety to see things on paper in front of me. To-do lists are everywhere in my world. Organization is beauty for me; it’s one of the reasons I love my job.
I also apparently love choosing the wrong guy. I am really good at it. I find someone that seems so good for me, and then…they aren’t. I need to break out of the patterns I have created for myself. I need to be specific. I need to be picky.
So, in true Brianne fashion, I have created a list of qualities that a potential partner must have. No settling. Not anymore. I’m too old to settle and I have two amazing little girls that don’t deserve to have someone in their life that isn’t going to be there long term, or isn’t going to be a positive role model.
There are some incredibly random items on this list, but trust me: they are all there for a specific reason. I am an open book – if any items need clarification or explanation, I’d love to provide it.
- Tall (5’10 or above)
- Well groomed
- Smells good
- Has post-secondary education
- Doesn’t matter what type of PSE
- Doesn’t matter if they graduated or with what degree/diploma/certificate
- Has a stable job
- Owns a car
- Lives on his own (not with parents, roommate, etc.)
- Owns at least one suit
- Good grammar/spelling
- Good sense of humour
- Is funny
- Thinks I’m funny
- Can participate in witty banter
- Appreciates my sarcasm
- Good relationship with parents, but not overbearing
- First date must be an actual date
- Friendly with wait staff, store clerks, etc.
- If he has kids, must see them on a very regular basis
- Likes at least one sport
- Can recognize at least one Matthew Good song
- Swears, but not every other word
- Doesn’t vape
- Drinks but not every night, and not to excess
- Does not speak negatively of any exes
- Smiles in photos
- No earrings
- Treats me with respect
- Trusts and is trustworthy
- Not sexist/racist/homophobic/anything douchey